My labor went really well. I was suppose to be induced Monday night but my water broke around 1:15 Monday morning. Bryce and I went to the hospital and around 9 am the nurse started me on
pitocin. After that my contractions were about a 1.5 minutes apart and hurting pretty badly that by the time i was 3 cm dilated i opted for the epidural and boy was i glad i did. No pain! i was able to take a nap and enjoy everything going on around me. I even watched the food network channel. At 3:30 pm my Dr. checked me and i was dilated to a 6. My nurse told me that it takes about an hour to dilate 1 cm so it came as a surprise when my Dr. came in at 5:30 pm and told me i was complete and ready to push. So i started pushing and while i was pushing my dad who was on call at the same hospital showed up, my brother Rob and sister-in-law Brisa and there 9 month old girl Liv showed up too. Needless to say it was a party! I pushed for a little over an hour and before everyone new it Ruby was crowning and my Dr. was not there. The nurses were trying to make me wait tell the Dr. showed up but its hard to not push when you feel a bowling ball sized head between your legs so i pushed and the resident on call had to deliver Ruby. Everything went smoothly and our precious little gem is making funny sleeping faces as I write.
![]() |
| Liv was so excited to meet her cousin Ruby |





Mal! I'm so glad you started blogging. 1. I'm excited to read about you being a mom and 2. You are such a good writer that this thing could eventually go viral! haha make sure you add a few of your short stories here and there!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to you Mal! You are going to be the coolest mom. Hopefully see you and Ruby this summer when I am in town!
ReplyDeletecongrats malerie! this is ashley elmer (married to brad)
ReplyDelete