Sunday, April 22, 2012

"I"m in a Glass case of Emotion"

I thought I would share with you one of my new embarrassing moments ever.

So yesterday was my moms birthday and my dad and I went shopping for her. My dad really wanted to get her some "Red hot skinny jeans" his words not mine. So we went to Nordstroms. We found some cute blue capri jeggings and he decided we needed to accessorize with some Tom shoes. So we did.  When we got home he asked me to wrap all the presents we got. I went down stairs to start when to all of our surprise a box arrived for my mom (who by the way was in Texas this whole time) it was three pairs of Tom shoes... holy crap mom you really like your Toms. Anyways we decided to wrap them all and I wrapped the ones that we had got her in different wrapping paper so we knew for her to open them last.


Ok fast forward to Saturday, my mom and a few of us are sitting in the living room when my dad decided it was gift giving time. He went and got all the presents. (he didn't know I had wrapped the presents in a special way) while he was giving my mom the presents I tried to tell him that the polka dot wrapped presents were to be opened last. He told me to HUSH and I kept trying to tell him it was important and he then proceeded to raise his voice at me. And here is where the embarrassing part comes in. I start to cry and not just soft little no one will notice cries. This was a full blown crying fest. I couldn't control myself at all.  I was crying over polka dot wrapping paper in front of my entire family while my mom is trying to open her gifts.  I blame the stupid hormones from being pregnant. Usually I never cry... Ever. Even my last pregnancy I never cried. But for some reason this pregnancy has got me on one crazy A** roller coaster of emotion and I can't control the ups or the downs. 


Needless to say it was an awkward situation for everybody involved. My mom almost started crying, my husband wanted to hold me but I kept telling him I didn't want to be touched, my dad felt really bad for yelling at me and my brother and sister-in-law watched in amazement as I unraveled right before their eyes.  

Something tells me I am going to need to carry a box of Kleenex with me at all times. I no longer can make fun of those pregnant women I use to see in church crying over nothing, because the reality is I am that pregnant lady. Word of advice, don't try to come give us a hug or console us. Just pretend like you don't see us and go on your merry way.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry, but this is stinkin hilarious. Welcome to my world. We Porter women tend to cry A LOT! Poor Casey, I'm sure he though I was a complete nut case when we first got married (Oh, who am I kidding, he still thinks I'm a nut case).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I've had a few crying episodes myself lately where I am thinking, What is wrong with me? I'm definitely not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! not to be the girl who is like, "Oh when I was pregnant..."....but yeah, when i was pregnant, one of my clients was really upset and kind of snapped at me and i knew i was about to lose it so i had to run out suddenly so i could stay prefessional. i ended up in the bathroom for 15 minutes and realized i couldn't calm down or stop crying so i had to go get my supervisor to end the session for me. in order to get my supervisor i had to pass all the secretaries in my boogery blubbering state and everyone thought someone had hit me or something...sooo many people at work saw me hysterical that day...good times

    ReplyDelete