Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Smiles all around












Rubbidy Boobidy's reaction to the swimming pool was the same as most infants reaction... couldn't care less. It was a lot of fuss over getting her ready then was worth since she only spent literally two minutes in the actual pool. I'm going to go ahead and admit that a lot of your babies "first times" aren't all they are cracked up to be and your child is never going to come up and tell you when they are 12 years old, "hey mom remember when i was 6 weeks old and you slathered me in sunscreen and put me in an oversized swim diaper and dad held me in the pool...remember... yeah it was really awesome!" seriously thats never going to happen, so don't stress that you didn't take a picture of the first time your baby picked their nose, trust me its not worth the hair loss.  However, do remember to maybe document the day your baby was blessed.  Again i am the first to admit that i am a total tard and forgot to take a picture with my little family after Ruby's sweet blessing so we had to stage the picture. I am using the word "staging" loosely because we took the picture in Spokane, when really she was blessed in Utah, and none of us are wearing the clothes we wore the day she was blessed.  Lets just make a pact to never tell Ruby that the picture is a phony.
Fake Blessing Pic but sweet none the less
As i said before the past weeks have been busy but lots of fun. But i'm not really feeling like writing a whole novel about what we did. I'll just say that reunion was great, Kristi looked beautiful in her dress and their wedding was so much fun. the end. 

Now on to what i love to talk about the most... FOOD. I absolutely L-O-V-E everything about food.  I am obsessed with watching the foodnetwork channel. what are your favorite shows to watch? Thanks for asking. i love
30 minute meals
 ( i don't care what anybody says about rachael ray i love her raspy voice)
Diners, Drive ins, and Dives
(it is one of my life missions to visit every place he has eaten so far i am at a count of 2)
Giada at home
the barefoot contessa
(Her snobbish approach to ingredients captivates me i love to cook her food while making fun of her)
Chopped
(holy crap this show is better than any Action packed, cling to your chair thriller you have ever watched)
and
The Next Foodnetwork Star

When i am not watching Foodnetwork channel i am often found in the kitchen trying out a new recipe from recipe book I have received or got off of foodnetwork.com
yesterday for dinner i made chicken ceaser salad with homemade croutons and homemade ceaser dressing. it was delicious.
today i made homemade marinara sauce that looks, smells and tastes divine.
I also made some tzikki sauce for some greek mini lamb burgers i am making tonight for dinner. 
I am seriously getting so excited just thinking about dinner tonight! 
My baby is hungry and super smelly so this post is getting cut short i will just end by saying Ruby learned how to smile this week and it lights up my day every time she smiles at me.  I hope it lights up your day seeing her smile too. 




2 comments:

  1. ah! ruby booby is like my favorite little person ever. she's darling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you being all housewifey and stuff! I bet you are the best wife, mom, and cook around!

    ReplyDelete